Monday, June 28, 2010

Why I think I wont make it...

I know it's mainly my fault, but somehow I always find myself freaking out when things are almost here. i make notes, list, and stay up all night worrying about every last detail and think how I can get them done myself. I guess that is the #1 reason why I think I wont make it to my due date. I never in the past feared going into labor early, somehow with this one, I find myself fearing that the most. I think to myself, if I can just make it to 37 weeks Elliana should be fine. #2 reason is that I have found myself having more braxton hicks and if I am working around the house too they tend to actually get painful, but only on occasion. My midwife thinks the are pretty normal. #3 reason is this thing we call the sun....it's a killer, it's not so much the heat as it it the actual sun light. i always feel like i am going to pass out if I am in the sun too much. Then it just kills me the rest of the day. However the main reason I think I wont make it, is because of stress. Stress that my first born is going to school in a month and going to be gone more than 32 hours a week. It's going to be an adjustment that her and I both need to get used to. And stress over making sure we have every thing before the baby arrives, plus making sure both my other children are okay with everything...So to make myself feel slightly better I decided to make a list of things we need to do or get. Then I can cross them off as they happen and prayfully......I'll make it to August with no speed bumbs!

List of things we still need to get...

#1 Zachary's sunshine Kids radian xl car seat.
#2 Gabriella's sunshine kids radian xl car seat
(we can't come how from the hospital with out these car seats so they are my main source of concern. I hope to have them in our car and installed before August and before Rebecca moves away=( )
#3 a bath towel and some more wash rags for Elliana
#4 about 4-8 more uniform outfits for Gabby to wear to school. (got some past down to us form a friend that was a HUGE lifesaver, now we only need a few more outfits)
#5 little stuff for the baby.. wipes, more cute clothes, sleepers, and onesies
#6 princess lunch box and princess thermos cup for Gabby to take to school
#7 New or used combi Double stroller, or somehow fix and buy parts for the stroller we have before I shove it off a cliff.
#8 Thermometer that can take my kids temperature by touch of their forehead......but that is just a dream.  


Doesn't look so long and scary when I write it all down, yep maybe this will make me feel better!!

thanks for letting me vent and get all this off my chest, I think it makes me feel much more relaxed....I'm goign to try and tackle one at a time. This week maybe looking for more uniforms for Gabby

2 comments:

  1. I know where you are coming from Amber. I'm pregnant with my third (only 12 weeks) and I'm way more paranoid about this one than I was with my first two pregnancies. I've never done the genetic testing and we're doing that on Thursday. So, I know exactly where you are coming from. Plus, it's more stressful because we have two small ones while we're pregnant as well. Good luck!

    Justine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do fine and everything that NEEDS to be done WILL be done - You know that:) You are such a wonderful mama - so just relax and enjoy these last few weeks before Elliana arives:)

    ReplyDelete