Tuesday, June 22, 2010

throwing away all the parenting books....not that I ever owned any...lol!!

once again I was more concerned about what others thought than what I felt was best for my family. I know so many people will disagree on my parenting, but really i need to not care. I hate parenting books, i hate when someone says at this age they "need" to do this or that. Each child is different and each parent and family is different. It's not my or my husbands parenting style to jsut take things away. I find no need to force my babies to do something that really is not harmful to them at all. We never let any of our kids "cry it out". we never just took things away "cold turkey" because someone else said it was good. My philosophy is to as Billy Dean says "let them be little, for they are only that way for awhile". Why are we as a society so eager to push our kids to grow up, and once they do we wish they were little again. I plan to enjoy ever second, weather crying or laughing, happy or sad, I plan on enjoying every moment of the cuddles even if they happen in the middle of the night until they are 2!! I don't meet anyone who says I wish my children grew up faster. Every mile stone is fun and exciting and should not be a challenge or a struggle....those are saved for the teen years!! for now I want to enjoy that I have a very independent 5 year old who didn't stop having a pacifier until she was 2 and wasn't potty trained until she was 3, and was rocked to sleep every night until she was 3(and I enjoyed every minute of it)...and who never went to preschool outside of the home ,but at 5 is an amazing, bright, and super excited and eager to start kindergarten. And i have a 20 month old who is a mama's boy for now that needs his bottle for a little longer, who has to cuddle with mom at night before bed. Because someday soon Zach will be an independent 5 year old going to school, and then someday a man. For now....he's still my baby boy, and that is the way we like it around here!! I have 2 arms...don't' worry I can hold Ellie and Zach at the same time....and you know what I'm learning that it's okay to do what we want and through the dumb parenting books out the door!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment