Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gabby's School.....

So, finding Gabby a school is becoming so stressful for me. We really have four options. Here they are in no particular order.

Option #1 Sending her to the public school by our house. The only pro I see about sending her there is that it is very close. The cons are that the school does not have a very good rating. I have heard of teachers who get students from the laveen school district and they are a few years behide. I feel like we would be setting our child up to not fail in life if we did not send her to the best school we could find. The school I believe is getting better ever year, but I still dont' love it.

Option #2 Sending her to a traditional school near by our house. The major con with this idea is that even though I signed her up already we don't find out of she made it or not until May 1st. It's a nice good with great ratings,. I am not a fan of the hours, but it would work.

Option #3 Sending her to the same Ahwatukee school that cousin Kori goes to. The schools are great in ahwatukee and I love them, however driving her everyday at least 45 minutes each way with a newborn and a 2 year old might be VERY hard.

Option #4 Sending her to a Christian school that is half home school, half regular school......I personally love this idea. It's a drive, but I would only have to do it 3x's a week. The other 2 days are home schooled. Nathan does not think that I would have time to homeschool her, but I would have all day and I would be able to do it. The other probelm is it's abotu 3,000. I've already applied for one scholorship, and I believe there is one more I can sign up for, but there is no guarentee we would get any of them. NAthan and I can not pay for the school since we are on a strict Dave Ramsey plan of getting completely out of debt and we will also have to buy a mini van before the baby is born....

So these are our options....I have been praying over them and have found some release in looking towards all day kindergarten, but I have found out too that all day kindergarten may not be free next year. I am totally okay with that since I prefer that Gabby goes to half day kindergarten anyways.

So many people don't get that I prefer that Gabby go to half day kindergarten. But they are also probably the same people who don't understand why I don't like preschool either and find no need for it. I am not one of those Mom's who need a break from their kids. I became a Mom to be a Mom, just like I became a Wife to be a wife. I am in it 100%. Studies show that children who spend more time with there mom's at home and where mom's take care of their educational needs too actually do better off in school later on and in life. I take my job as a wife and a mom very seriously and I want to be as God wants be to be. I have nooooo problem with other people having a difference of opinion and taking there kids to all day kindergarten and preschool. I just wish no one gave me crap for not doing those things. Anyways...that was a tangent......

So now I ask if you could pray with me and help us find the right school for my little princess Gabriella...Thank you!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know this is a tough decision, but I am praying that God makes clear to you and Nathan the path He has for Gabby. You are doing a good job, Mama Cicchillo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you as you seek God's answer...I noticed a change in Kori's 'attitude' after she started all day kindergarten...1/2 is good if you can find one:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete